Does your ability to execute drive great sales performance?
One of my top clients asked me the other day; how should you manage a sales team?
Knowing that his sales have grown by over 200 percent in the last 12 months we rephrased the question to “How do you lead a good sales team to become a great sales team?”
In my experience, most business owners don’t know how to manage their sales team to perform above the average, industry norm.
Some of them do get good results, about 10 to 30 percent above the industry standard, but very few manage their sales team to greatness: Leading the industry, and then, going beyond.
For me, the big question for each business owner should be: what would drive great execution?
- Does it come from the Vision/ Mission of your company?
- Does it come from your company’s core strategies?
- Has execution been developed as a core competency in your company?
- Does execution come from a great plan?
- Does your company have clarity in both its expected outcomes and the KPI’s that drives its performance?
- Does your company have a great USP – Unique Selling Proposition – that could drive great execution?
- Does your company have a high level of Ownership, Accountability and Responsibility? (You should strive for the highest levels)
- Does your business culture include the best elements of execution?
- Are your employees educated on the importance of execution?
- Is execution linked to some or all of the above questions?
Here’s a challenge: I encourage you to rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 on the above questions, and to identify the areas that would have the biggest impact on leading your sales team to great sales performance.
For some added insight on execution, go study and implement the information in Guy Kawasaki’s article the “Art of Execution”
I can show you the power of coaching and the impact that great coaching can have on execution in your business.